Math 19

Math of Social Choice: Section 01

Spring 2015

Basic Info Announcements Resources Applets Wait this isn't my section

Announcements

Practice for the Final Exam

In addition to the homework problems and quizzes, there are resources from past instructors with solutions. The best way to prepare for the final is to do as many practice problems as you can. You should also know all the definitions and theorems we have used. If you have questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Review Session and Office hours, week of 4/27

There will be a review session on Thursday, April 30th from 10:30am to 12:00pm in Anderson 210, our regular classroom. Office hours are:

Final Exam Information

The final will be on Monday May 4 at 7:00pm in Braker 1.

Extra credit opportunity

If you are worried about your quiz average, email me for an extra credit opportunity! Please let me know by Thursday after class.

Monday office hours changed

Now from 7:30pm-9:00pm, same place (Robinson 154).

Exam 1 grades posted on Trunk

Your midterms are graded and you can view your exam score on Trunk through your gradebook.

The exams will be handed out on Thursday, discussed, and COLLECTED immediately afterwards. They will live forever after in my office, for your viewing pleasure during office hours and appointments. You are welcome to visit your exam tomorrow 10:30am-12pm, or send me an email if you cannot make that time.

On Thursday we will discuss the exam and then begin the next module of the course: compensation. The material takes a bit of a turn, so to prepare you should read Chapter 13 on fairness and envy-freeness. There will not be a quiz.

Wednesday February 25: Office Hours moved 1:30-3pm

Go to the forum! If you were planning on the 10:30am office hour, email me and we can work something out.

President's Day Office Hours: 2pm-4pm

If you would like to attend and have a conflict, please email me!

Also, some friendly reminders:

Office Hours in Session

Instructor Bray is in town and office hours have begun - Wed 10:30-12, Tues/Thurs 11:45-12:30. If you have a question and are not available during office hours, email is a beautiful thing.

Details: January 15 to January 23

The rumors are true, Instructor Bray is not in town. See above for office hour details. Email Instructor Bray if you have any questions about adding, dropping and whatever else comes to mind. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Welcome to math of social choice!

Glad to see you here, at the harbor of all our shared materials. Below you will find homework assignments, solutions for checking answers, past quizzes, extra exam practice, and general announcements (so as to avoid spamming your inboxes). If you have any questions about where to find things, feel free to ask.